We are committed to protecting your right to privacy. We do not sell, rent or trade the information that we collect on this website. We maintain the necessary internal control systems to ensure that the information is secure.
We abide by the Federal Privacy Act 1988 which applies to the private sector and not-for-profit organisations. We collection and use information to:
- Process donations and issue receipts
- Respond to our supporters’ comment and/or questions
- Inform our supporters about our programs and activities
- Solicit support
- Improve the services and information that we provide.
Anonymous donations may be made to Can Assist Southern Highlands at any time. Please note that we are unable to provide anonymous donors with receipts.
Disclosure of personal information
We do not sell, rent, or trade the information that we collect, and information will only be disclosed if:
- The disclosure is required or authorised by law
- The disclosure is needed in order for our contracted service providers (who are bound by privacy legislation) to assist us in tasks such as mailing or donation processing.
Changing and accessing your information
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the information we collect, and use, is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Supporters may contact us at any time if they wish to:
- Change their personal information (for example your email address or telephone number).
- Cancel some or all of the communications that we provide (we include opt-out mechanisms on the majority of our communications).
- Request access to the information that we hold about them (a minimal administration fee may be charged).
Your security and privacy when using our website
When donating to Can Assist your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.
We do not use ‘cookies’ or any other methods to record information that is personally identifiable such as a visitor’s contact details, IP address, or domain name.
We do use ‘cookies’ to anonymously track visits to our web pages and any documents that may be downloaded in order to compile statistical information, including Google Analytics Advertising information. This provides us with information about which pages are popular. If visitors prefer for ‘cookies’ not to be used, they may adjust their browser to disable them.
Our website contains links to other sites. We do not have any control or responsibility for their content, privacy practices or business practices.